Upp Technology is committed to environmental responsibility and sustainability in all our business activities. As a predominantly service-based company, our carbon footprint is likely much smaller than that produced by principals in the manufacturing industry, we have no less responsibility to the Earth and future generations. In advancing green policy, we seek to minimize the impact our company’s service and operations have on the environment by:
- Reducing energy consumption with an environmentally friendly data center, including closed loop design and chilled water cooling system.
- Utilizing green supplies, products and materials, including items that are recyclable, reusable, biodegradable or made from 100% post-consumer content.
- Recycling and reusing packaging supplies, including boxes and dunnage.
- Minimizing office supplies and waste by reusing, recycling and recovering wherever appropriate.
- Seeking and maintaining partnerships with companies committed to environmental sustainability, such as Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, and Oracle.
- Utilizing electronic communications such as email, video conferencing, and products and services such as GoToMeeting and WebEx.
- Reducing corporate travel and planning travel to reduce environmental impact.
- Achieving efficiencies in delivery with consolidated shipments, and by combining deliveries with customer visits.
- Encouraging the usage of public transportation, carpooling, and other modes of responsible, alternate transit.
In addition, Upp Technology has elected to base the company’s center of operations in a development with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification in its sights. Among steps taken to reduce carbon footprint, the facility employs T8 high-efficiency and landfill-safe building lighting, efficient water closets, variable frequency drive air handler fans, irrigation rain sensors, separate water meters for irrigation and cooling tower, a building recycling program, Energy Star rated appliances, and green cleaning products.